The New-Car Order
You are designing a computer system for a car dealer. The dealer
takes orders for cars from a customer. Your job is to design the data
for an order.
Here is the information in an order:
- An order includes the customer.
- An order includes the information for the car being
- An order includes the price.
- An order includes the date of the order.
- A customer has a last name, a first name, and an address.
- An address has many fields, which we won't talk about here.
- The car may either be a new car or a used car.
- A used-car order includes the previous owner, who is another
- A new car may be either 2-door or 4-door.
- A new car has an engine, which may have 4, 6, or 8 cylinders.
- A new car may or may not have a sunroof.
- A new car has an interior color.
- A new car has an exterior color.
Write data definitions for Order, Customer,
and Car. Your data must interact with some large existing
system, so make as few assumptions about the data representation as
Last modified: Sun Sep 14 17:27:50 Eastern Daylight Time 2014